Ancien Couvent des Dominicains
From the 13th century convent of the Dominicains, part of the church remain, as well as a roman bell tower, and several parts of the cloister.
This former covent build in the 13th century is located in the area of La Baume on the left bank of the Durance river, and catches your attention with its impressive thin roman bell tower.
The current church was built in the 13th century. This building is divided in three naves with an apse each, and kept an overall gothic architecture even through the Religious Wars and the French Revolution, which is one of the most important in the Alpes de Haute Provence. The open-air church is used for serveral shows of the " Nuits de la Citadelle " in summer. The bell tower is crowned by a reproduction of the "Diamond of Queen Jeanne". The cloister next to it, which was originally larger, kept some of its arcosoliums (wall niched tombs), including one in a fountain from the year 1562 according to its plaque.
All year round, daily.
Free access to the open-air church and cloister all year round.
Free of charge.